my to-read pile is getting bigger and bigger…
- dear james: letters to a young illustrator. an xmas gift from jenn.
- picasso. gertrude stein’s memoir of the man and artist.
- a gate at the stairs. lorrie moore’s newest. i loved birds of america, and really wish i hadn’t loaned it out. it was never returned to me.
- everybody’s autobiography. more gertrude stein. i just can’t get enough.
- the importance of being iceland. there was a lot of buzz about this book when it came out last year…
- bauhaus 1919-1933. the catalog from the moma show that came and went so quickly (november thru the end of january) and i wanted to go but with the holidays making me crazy and a trip planned for seattle already i just couldn’t get myself to spend more money but now i really regret not just going for 2 days to see the show since i love the bauhaus soooo much. wah. so i have to settle for the book version of the show. and i will read it from cover to cover. soon.
i’m starting on my list this weekend with a trip to the upper peninsula. no dog walking, no computer, no tv, no job, no crafting = reading and maybe knitting.